Every Christmas I look forward to heading down to New Orleans to celebrate with my family. As most of you know, I was born and raised in New Orleans and moved to Charlotte the summer before high school. Most of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) still live in The Big Easy so it’s to fun to see everyone over the holidays. We were there from 12/23-12/28 so it nice having a little more time to visit.On Christmas Eve day, we went to my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Robert’s house to exchange gifts, visit and splurge on some delicious classic New Orleans food :)
Michael and Paul posing for a picture (I think Michael is incapable of taking a serious picture)
Cousins Emma, Owen and Patrick
Aunt Cathy putting their dog Hershy in his "favorite" Christmas sweater ;)
Aunt Cathy and Uncle Robert :)
Owen and Patrick
On Christmas Eve we went to church and then headed to my Aunt Ylon and Uncle Bud's house to celebrate with my mom's side. They always have the most delicious food and the best cocktails :) On Christmas morning, we stayed at my grandparents house to open gifts and enjoy my grandmaw's FABULOUS cooking. She always cooks a Thanksgiving style lunch on Christmas day and this year it was especially delicious!
Cousins Glenn and Eric
Aunt Ylon, Uncle Bud, Eric, Glenn, Laura and Brett (Can you tell which ones are the triplets?)
Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw...I love them so much!
The night after Christmas we celebrated my maw-maw's 80th birthday at one of her favorite restaurants in the French Quarter called GW Fins! It was some of the best seafood I have ever had and the atmosphere was so great too!
The guys checking out the menu
Mom and I
Glenn and I
Happy Birthday!

View of the Quarter from outside the restaurant

Michael was getting tired of my crazy picture taking!
Aunt Ylon and Laura
All of us waiting for the car
The day before I left, I met my good childhood friends Allison and Victoria for delicious lunch at Capdeville in the French Quarter! Every Christmas, we make it a tradition to meet up at some point and catch up. We have all known each other since kindergarten and its like no time has passed at all when we get together :)
Allison and I...friends since kindergarten!

Allison and her boyfriend Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment