Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unique, Modern Find


So the other day I was blog browsing at work because I needed a break, and stumbled upon this awesome watch line because one of the blogs I was on had a friend who started this company. I was intrigued so I clicked over to the site and LOVED what I saw. La Mer is a modern and eclectic brand of watches that are various colors, shapes and styles. My favorite are the ones that wrap because they are different looking and add a modern spin to a watch. Below is a snippet on the history of the company that I pulled from the site.

La Mer was established in 2001 when Martine rummaged through her jewelry drawer and could not find a simple, stylish and feminine watch to wear. Combining her passion for design, love of quality materials and simple beauty, La Mer Collections was born. Inspiration is drawn from her journeys: South Africa’s colorful markets, Bali’s lush flowers, Italy’s gorgeous leathers and Thailand’s clear blue ocean. Each season La Mer’s color palette is chosen from these bright and colorful experiences. La Mer Collections’ focus is on classic watch faces designed exclusively by Martine Ilana, paired with beautiful leather straps. Every leather wrap watch is hand assembled in the United States and made with care.”

You can also customize your own face and band which I thought was neat. Some online retailers that sell the watches are Bloomingdale’s and Shop Bop along with many more! I’m thinking about putting one on the birthday list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment