Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ready to Paint!

I start my 8 week acrylic painting class at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center Monday and I cannot wait! I am so excited to have a creative outlet one day a week that doesn't involve running from meeting to meeting or working on a computer :) The class is taught in the carriage house on the grounds of Callanwolde so it sounds like a pretty and relaxing setting to retreat to after work.

Today I finally made my way to Sam Flax Art Supply to buy all my supplies (and boy does that stuff add up!) I absolutely love that store…I could browse for hrs if I had the time. I especially love all of their handmade paper and stationary. I want it all :)

I will try and do weekly updates of my class and progress. My hope is that I learn some basics so I can start painting on my own and continue to do it down the road. I would love to be able to do paintings for family, friends and myself. What a cool gift to give… We will see how it goes!


Some of the paint I bought...


You can see how confusing it is to buy exactly what is on the supply list...there are so many brands, consistencies and prices that I needed someone to help me!


Some of my brushes/paint...

The amazing handmade paper Sam Flax sells...there were rows and rows (didn't want to take too many pics, ha)



Callanwolde...

No comments:

Post a Comment