Joe and his parents landscaped his backyard a few months ago…it was literally nothing but dirt and they planted grass, shrubs and flowers- it looks great! On Saturday we weeded, Joe cut the grass and we planted more bushes. I also deep cleaned the entire house (which in a weird way, I find therapeutic, ha.) After sweating in 90 degree weather all day, we cleaned up and headed to J Broussard’s restaurant for dinner…it is a New Orleans style cuisine that is DELICIOUS! The atmosphere is so nice too. It’s in an old house downtown with really high ceilings and wooden floors. I got the Pecan Pane Catfish that was featured in Southern Living a few months back. It was outstanding. For dessert we both got the Fresh Fruit Shortcake served in a glass and that was fabulous as well! It was a great weekend and now it’s back to work!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Productive Weekend
This past weekend I went to Columbus to visit Joe. I took a half day on Friday and got there around 4ish. Friday night we went to get Mexican with 2 other couples and then went and saw “Get Him to the Greek” (wasn’t a huge fan). If you like Superbad and all those types of movies, you will prob like it. Me, not so much. Saturday was filled with house cleaning and gardening! Joe warned me before coming that he had a lot to do around the house and hoped I wouldn’t mind helping. He moved me into my new apt last weekend so rolled up my sleeves and we literally worked all day (aside from making multiple trips to Lowes).
Joe and his parents landscaped his backyard a few months ago…it was literally nothing but dirt and they planted grass, shrubs and flowers- it looks great! On Saturday we weeded, Joe cut the grass and we planted more bushes. I also deep cleaned the entire house (which in a weird way, I find therapeutic, ha.) After sweating in 90 degree weather all day, we cleaned up and headed to J Broussard’s restaurant for dinner…it is a New Orleans style cuisine that is DELICIOUS! The atmosphere is so nice too. It’s in an old house downtown with really high ceilings and wooden floors. I got the Pecan Pane Catfish that was featured in Southern Living a few months back. It was outstanding. For dessert we both got the Fresh Fruit Shortcake served in a glass and that was fabulous as well! It was a great weekend and now it’s back to work!







Joe and his parents landscaped his backyard a few months ago…it was literally nothing but dirt and they planted grass, shrubs and flowers- it looks great! On Saturday we weeded, Joe cut the grass and we planted more bushes. I also deep cleaned the entire house (which in a weird way, I find therapeutic, ha.) After sweating in 90 degree weather all day, we cleaned up and headed to J Broussard’s restaurant for dinner…it is a New Orleans style cuisine that is DELICIOUS! The atmosphere is so nice too. It’s in an old house downtown with really high ceilings and wooden floors. I got the Pecan Pane Catfish that was featured in Southern Living a few months back. It was outstanding. For dessert we both got the Fresh Fruit Shortcake served in a glass and that was fabulous as well! It was a great weekend and now it’s back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What happened to the picture that you gave him on the mantle?
ReplyDelete